Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Auckland for Christmas

Well, I made it to New Zealand - after 36 hours of travelling! My plane was delayed for two hours, sitting on the tarmac, and then the London - Los Angles - Auckland plane journey is the very longest that you can do! But, I seem to have escaped the jet lag so far, although I am getting tired at the end of each day. That's because my parents are wearing me out... but we had a lovely Christmas in Auckland, although it wasn't that sunny, but we did go to a few beaches and see lots of nice scenery!

And yesterday, Boxing Day, instead of pigging out on the remains of the turkey etc, we went to the Coromandel peninsula, saw lots of lovely beach, the Pacific Ocean, and had lots of lovely seafood.

Today is our last day in Auckland, and then it's on to Bangkok for me to be reunited with my lovely John, and on to Christchurch for the parents, to commence their tour of South Island and Lord of the Rings land - shame neither of them have seen the films. But then, neither have I - I tried to watch the first one again on the plane, and quit half way through, because it's just still boring!!

So, happy day-after-Boxing-Day to you all - I hope you've all had a fantastic Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year - and that work isn't too grim for those who are there tomorrow and Friday.

And, very many Congratulations to Steve and Sally, who got engaged just before Christmas... another wedding to add to the list! Just Fab.

More later, if there's a computer anywhere. Bye...!

2 comments:

ZZ said...

hehe, that's the city i like.

Linda said...

Thank you for a great Christmas - it would not have been good to be 'childless' at Christmas after all these years!!!
Hope Bankok and Cambodia is good - speak soon and Happy New Year!!!
love Mum and Dad
xxx