Sunday, March 12, 2006

Obsessive

I’ve been thinking about this post for a while, and have been prompted to put it up today by an incident with coasters on a coffee table…

We have laughed for some time about Marty’s obsessive compulsive disorder-esque obsession with having the remote controls neatly lined up on the coffee table… so much so that he once gathered four remotes from completely different places in my lounge and left them lined up on the sofa for me! The portable phone must always be on the stand in their house too (unless it’s in use of course), and today I learnt that the coasters must be in the four corners of the coffee table.

Others have similar obsessions too… Richelle can’t bear the toilet roll being on the wrong way round, or sunlight breaking through curtains in the morning, Steve can’t bear wearing crinkled shirts and must squeeze the toothpaste from the bottom (not to mention the fact that he can’t bear polystyrene and cotton wool) and Rich must have the rug at the bottom of his bed straight…

I think my equivalent oddities are that when I’m reading a book, I always turn over the corner of the page at the mid point, and when I’m at work, I always have to have my bottle of water in exactly the same place on my desk, no matter how cluttered it is.

I think the second one is partly to stop me from knocking it over and ruining all my papers though!

We’re all odd.

1 comment:

la scania said...

Geez that would leave a really BIG fold in the page of your book, no?

I HAVE to HAVE to have all the drawers and wardrobes in my room closed before I can safely get to sleep otherwise it worries me too much all night long........!!