Saturday, March 18, 2006

Wireless

I'm beginning this post thinking it will be a long one, but let's see what happens...

I'm currently sitting on the sofa, drinking wine and watching West Wing. A regular Saturday night in then... albeit that I've not actually done this for longer than I can pin point to remember. My Saturday nights are usually spent in various places not involving being at home, so it's quite refreshing to be here. I feel like I'm catching up with myself. I was originally planning to spend this weekend seeking the assistance of Marty to wash, t-cut and polish my old car, ready for it to be sold, but he's visiting parents... so I've diverted to a favourite pastime... painting!!! We're having a red wall in the lounge, and a nice cream colour in the bathroom, probably with a Griffiths original painting on one wall.

I love painting and decorating. Sad huh... but, there's something very theraputic about spending a few hours making a radical transformation to something and then assessing the effect at the end of the day, and for however long it lasts into the future, until you decide to change it again! Whilst I would most love to be decorating my very own flat/house, I'm content for now to be helping Stephen out.

As I said, I'm currently in the lounge... very much enjoying my new laptop with the cool wireless technology. I've got this and my old desktop linked so that I can access everything from both... and I was even able to have MSN conversations from the bathroom earlier - whilst I was painting, rather than doing anything else!

It has, as usual, been a big, bad, mad week at work. But, I'm counting down the days, firstly to the end of March (10 working days), when everything changes, and secondly to the 13 April, when I, along with Na and Helen, will be Vegas bound! Can't wait. The high point from this week though was that my manager managed to get some feedback about me out of the big boss. Who, apparently, although I think this makes him certifiable, thinks I'm exceptional, performing astonishingly well, tackling difficult issues which no one has ever taken on before, and he can't think of anything negative at all.

I was quite literally gobsmacked and speechless, which as anyone who reads this knows (as does my manager), is a very rare thing. A pretty good way to end the week though, and a very good boost at a difficult time.

In celebration, I toasted Tim's birthday with a number of these. They are passionfruit beer, from a rather good Belgian bar called the Dovetail in Clerkenwell, which has the biggest range of Belgian beers in London, including the rather amazing passionfruit one in the picture. Had I not been totally knackered from the night before, many many more of those would have been consumed!

And, the final paragraph. My last post was rather emotional... and rather jumbled up and confused. I was also in danger of revealling rather more than would have been sensible about some of my inner most thoughts... and I remain very thankful today that I didn't.

Normal service is resumed.

1 comment:

la scania said...

Hooray for the praise Kate. You really really deserve it gorgeous lady!

Hope the work eases up soon.