Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Champagne

Tonight I have had a fantastic night with Helen, Pete and Steve, welcoming Steve into London life. We went here and here. At the former, we had dinner next to Andrew Lloyd Webber. At the latter... notice the date of the relaunch on the link. We happened in there and found out that they were intending to be closed, but because they finished the refurbishment early, they were open, so we were one of the first to experience the new surroundings (we went there a few months ago, and the decor has changed a fair bit). But, to be honest, it's not really about the decor - it's about the view.

28 floors up, and a nearly 360 degree view of London. Amazing. Awe inspiring, and 'happy and proud to be in London' thought provoking.

And to leave you with a quote we stumbled across in the drink menu on champagne:

I drink it when I'm happy, and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry, and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it... unless I'm thirsty.


Update: Very touching post about the evening from Steve here

No comments: