Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Decisions, decisions

So. Work is slightly better, if only because it's the end of term, and of course because Vegas is 35 hours or something away. Thank God. I can't wait. It really has been a hell of a couple of months, and I'm very much in need of a rest, mainly from work, but generally too. And Vegas seems to offer the best solution - pool and spa time by day, and then food, drink and partying by night. Wicked.

I'm also planning to give myself some 'clear thinking' time... time away from work, people, all sorts of other things. I need to make two decisions. The first is related to work, it's a professional decision about whether to continue pursuing something I've been trying for for a long time, or whether to give it up and stick with what I'm doing now, and am apparently good at. A difficult choice, and a major decision to take. It will affect the rest of my career for the rest of my life. I've always been career motivated and ambitious, so it's a major life decision, it's not just about 'work'.

The second is related to me, it's a personal decision about whether to take the plunge and attempt to resolve something which has been bugging me for a long time. It might have a major effect on me, but if it all goes wrong, I'd hope that it would be solvable and I could move on just fine.

Hmph. I think that all of this is going to be very much aided by a number of tasty (but probably expensive) cocktails and a bit of girly bonding time.

Photos will no doubt result from the trip too, there's not been any for a while. Not sure why that is.

So, check back here next Wednesday for (a) two decisions and (b) photos

No comments: