Monday, July 03, 2006

Food Frustration

Today I have food frustration. I left work really wanting fresh tuna and salad = there was no tuna in the shop, and the salad I have in the fridge is frozen. So I had salmon and asparagus pie instead = but no salad, and no frozen veg in the freezer apart from old sweetcorn = not nice.

And then, just when a nice glass of wine had re-balanced the karma, I thought I'd treat myself to the rather nice looking passionfruit creme brulee from Fru... = great, until I dropped it getting it out from under the grill and spilt it everywhere, salvaging just enough to make me realise what I was missing.

Great. Perhaps someone is trying to tell me something - perhaps I've neglected my cooking skills so much that I should just give up and eat out or get take away all the time instead!!

Anyway, I've returned from a second weekend in Jersey in a row - this time it was Jenna's hen night = photos are in the usual place. A good time was had by all, and we're now very much looking forward to the wedding!

I've also sorted out my bookshelf tonight, in an attempt to ease some of the food frustration... and it's made me realise how many books I have sitting there to read!

But, top of the list at the moment is my new Rouge Guide to Paris... where I'm very much looking forward to going at the end of July. Counting the days...!

No comments: