Saturday, August 12, 2006

Day 1 in the Edinburgh Madness 2006TM

We’re here. We’ve arrived. Poor old Edinburgh.

Following Chris and Jen's wedding yesterday, I was feeling slightly jaded for the train journey, but then I think we all were with a 6am start, on a Saturday… ugg. But, it’s most certainly worth it because we were in to the flat and settled into the first show (the excellent Gamarjobat – good, but perhaps not with as much energy as when we’ve seen them in previous years) by 5pm. And then there were beers, of course.

Lots and lots of photos will be appearing here in the course of the week, probably broken down into days – 116 taken on the first day already. It’s been a good day. We’re in excellent halls (we were meant to have been in these ones last year, but they got (most inconsiderately) vandalised just before we were due to arrive. We had good halls instead, but they were a very long way away, and they involved crossing the ‘Pee Meadows’ (meadows which always made us need to pee)) and we’re very close to all the main venues and the Royal Mile, and very near the best ‘take away fried stuff’ shop in Edinburgh – resulting in deep fried haggis and chips for dinner. Scrummy.

I’m beginning to relax… this is the first break I’ve had of 6 days off work since Edinburgh last August (and that didn’t really constitute a rest because of the show) and it’s all feeling a bit weird. Now that I’ve relaxed, it’s great, but it’s all a bit alien, actually having time on my hands to relax. I reckon by Monday I’ll be sorted – the four days off work effect will kick in and I’ll be well away!

No comments: