Monday, August 14, 2006

Day Three in the Edinburgh Madness 2006 TM

Well. Day three (Monday) was a bit of a wash out for me. There was a slight hint of a hangover, but the Tania/ Pete porridge soon saw that off. Then, I had some deeply frustrating IT issues whilst trying to do a test online - and then my laptop got Fished. That's a technical term for an IT hard drive failure, and it happens when things pass through the hands of the Ginger Rich. Tom and Raoul have been absolute stars in trying to get it fixed with boot keys and downloads and all sorts, but it's not quite there yet! Hopefully it will be fixed soon, because I really need it for the rest of my travels, but for now, my internet access has been restricted.

Should still be able to blog a bit, although maybe not every day. The worst casualty is that I won't be able to upload any more daily photo sets, as I don't have the software with me to do that on any of the other computers the lovable geeks have here! So, they will all come in a bit chunk when I return at this rate - thank god for 1Gb memory cards!

We did see a very good show today though, Talk Radio, with Mike McShane. And then beer and pizza, and a viewing of the excellently edited DVD version of Act 2's latest production, Electric Candlelight. All good. Still not quite relaxed though, but I'm getting there!

No comments: