Thursday, August 31, 2006

Leaving Singapore...

Today is our last day in Singapore. It is such an amazing place. I'll put a longer post about it up sometime, but for now I've got to run, no packing done and leaving in an hour. Hmpf. It's also torrentially pouring with rain - which it hasn't done for about four weeks apparently. Nice of it to occur when we're meant to be going to the Botanic Gardens!

Lombok this afternoon beckons - and I can't wait. Not least because I'll be able to switch the alarm clock off and just let time wander on by without worrying about where to be when (apart from connecting flight to Bali on Sunday!). I'm not sure how much internet access I'll have from here on in, or how much I'll be inclined to use it, so there may not be any activity until I get back... but then again there might.

Thank you all for your comments by the way, very nice to read them in times of stress! James - it is indeed an amazing place. I'd love to give you loads of recommendations on where to go, but I've only been to two places outside of work: (1) to have a singapore sling in the Long Bar at Raffles, highly recommended just because you have to do it rather than because the drink is actually that nice (although I like it, but you really have to like sweet cocktails). You can get half yards of Tiger beer in there too though; and (2) the Palm Beach Seafood Restaurant at One Fullerton - highly recommended, right on the river waterfront, and serves excellent seafood, including a local signature dish, creamy crab (or pepper crab, chilli crab, butter crab... you get the idea!) and jugs of Tiger (note the recurring theme there!) I hope you have a great time and manage to escape work a bit more frequently than I have!

No comments: