Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Cricket

Well. Normally, I hate cricket. Despite the best efforts of Steve, my Dad, Tim, and various other men, I have never been able to understand the game, the rules, or the attraction of the game.

However, I did find myself interested by it yesterday. I was getting slightly addicted to the scoretracker Steve sent me and watching it probably a bit more than I should. But, having said that, big boss man was quite happily watching it on tv in our office for a good proportion of the afternoon, so I didn't feel too guilty!

So, I joined the masses in celebrating the win in the pub last night, and had the pleasure and privilege of seeing the celebratory buses go past work earlier today. There were loads of people out on the streets (great view from our balcony!). The cricketers (including the wives and the women's team) all looked very much worse for wear though, and I reckon a lot of them were feeling very sick!

Whilst spectating the buses, we developed a theory that with the Rugby World Cup success in 2003, and the Ashes success in 2005, we must be up for a big win (preferably against Australia!) in 2007. Which will be a Rugby World Cup year and an Ashes year. Maybe we can do a double......?!

Now that I've publicly admitted that I just might have found something interesting about cricket, I'm going to do some more work. I have masses and masses to do, not to mention a small amount of preparation for something important tomorrow.

I'm nervous and I hate being nervous.

No comments: