Friday, September 02, 2005

Gig... It's all good

Just got back from the Moeker http://www.moeker.com album launch gig. It was great. And I made an entrance to it as only I can.... By falling, rather spectacularly, down the stairs, and landing, on my knees, at the feet of Del, Marty (www.martspain.co.uk - Moeker drummer), Na and Steve. Great. I'm a classy chick. And I wasn't even drunk.

However, I am of course drunk now. When Santa read this blog, he said it was cool, but it didn't reflect the real me. Because it didn't involve any references to alcohol. Well Santa, now it does. And I'm not convinced yet that posting when I'm drunk is a good plan. But it's a bit late now.

Anyway, my journey home was pretty eventful. Thought it would be a touch of the night bus, but managed to run for the last DLR. However, sore knee (see falling down the stairs, before), and high heels are not compatible. Which resulted in walking home with no shoes on. Which got me thinking about how grateful I am that although Tower Hamlets Council are crap at most things (health care, rubbish collection, racial tension, teenager misbehaviour) the one thing they are good at is keeping the pavements clean. And I did meet a random person called Edward who lives in the block next to me on the way, so it's not all bad.

So, the next thing on my agenda is packing for Cornwall tomorrow (work then straight to 6pm train) whilst listening to the Moeker album really really loudly as my lovely flatmate/landlord Stephen is not currently in residence to disturb, and most of the neighbours are safe because of the high level of soundproofing. Unlucky for the Humans is currently on repeat. It is after all the (now official I think) Act 2 http://act2productions.co.uk song. Go Dobbin.

Anyone who has ever experienced my drunk packing before will be appreciating the pain I'm going through at the moment - and the sheer fashion disaster I'm about to inflict on Cornwall too.

By the way, Rich (http://gingerlovin.blogspot.com), Marty (www.martspain.co.uk) or Kev (www.taverner.co.uk) - one of you is going to have to tell me some time how to make these links look proper and pretty, because I just don't seem to be able to do it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh. Nice blog Kate! Thanks for coming last night - was awesome to see you there, despite your entertaining but painful entrance!

Links - how do you mean, make the links pretty?

la scania said...

Seems you have attracted attention already with your writing! I do have to say that it is whimsical and extremely readable, love it!!