Friday, November 04, 2005

Full

I've got a whole head full of thoughts that I can't quite marshal in to a logical and reasonable blog entry, and as I've already excelled myself with one extra special completely non-sensical blog entry this month (and it's only the 4th!), I think I'd better restrain myself!

I am however going to comment on the fantasticness of risotto. As I had another unexpected evening at home last night (KWTNH again, but he's got a good excuse), I cooked my most favourite dish ever, risotto with herbs and goats cheese (those of you who know my cooking/eating habits will know that my 'most favourite dish ever' has a habit of changing, but this is it for now!). Given that I am incapable of cooking a reasonable amount for one, I usually end up with left overs. Which I've just scoffed this evening, as a very satisfactory post-wine/champagne snack.

The best thing about risotto (which outweighs by far the 30 mins preparation and stirring that it takes) is that you get a whole bowl full of carbohydrate rich creamy comfort food - but with no cream actually involved and therefore not many calories. Wicked. You've got to be happy with that.

1 comment:

la scania said...

Totally agree with you on the risotto front. I actually followed a recipe for risotto the other day (as opposed to my usual improv version) and it was the BEST I had ever made. Although the best risotto I have ever had was in Bedford in an italian restaurant...salmon and asparagus, YUM!