Friday, November 25, 2005

I love you, you're Lewisham, now change

Lewisham. Much as I love you (but only for your reasonable amount of shops and short walk to Blackheath) you're not where I want to be at 11.30 on a Thursday night. But, love you I did for ten minutes after falling asleep on the DLR and ending up with you instead of Mudchute or Island Gardens. Either would have done nicely. Why didn't they have the courtesy to wake me up when I was with them? I'm going to have to have words with them.

I'm now so cold that I'm nearly crying. But hey, I have to be up in 5 hours. Doesn't that rock. Not. I'd rather be in Lewisham.

Although actually I'd rather be in Rome. I never came back to post more about it. Enough to say that I had the most wonderful time, and cemented some wonderful friendships, and I really want to go back there sometime. Rome - you treated us well and we will be back. This time maybe I won't have quite so many accidents!

No comments: