Friday, October 14, 2005

Cocoon

My Big Bed (6’6” square) is pretty comfy usually. That’s a lot of bed for just me, and as I seem to be unable to sleep diagonally in it, I don’t use very much of it! Every now and then I have a fantastic night’s sleep in it, and wake up so perfectly comfortable that I can’t think of a way of being more comfy. I’m lying in the right position, the pillows are plumped up in the right way even though I’ve been sleeping on them all night, I’m the right temperature, not too hot, not too cold, and there are no annoying noises going on. This morning was one of those mornings, and it was delightful, for a short time, until I realised that I was going to have to get up for work.

Why can’t those mornings happen at the weekend!? What usually happens on weekend mornings instead is that I wake up at 8.30, feeling groggy, and can’t get back to sleep because I know I’ll get a headache and I’m just not comfortable.

Please can the sleep fairy arrange for these instances to be swapped round so that they come on the right days? (And if you wouldn’t mind finding me someone to share the bed with at the same time, that would be great too ;-))

1 comment:

Kate Griffiths said...

Me? Hungover? Never!