Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Rules and hairdryers

Last night I went to Rules, London's oldest restaurant, in Covent Garden. They do a great post theatre deal of two courses for £18, which is good value given that most of their main courses are more than that on their own. However, there was three problems with our master plan...

1. We'd not been to the theatre first, we'd been in the pub
2. We were therefore starving when we got there at 10pm, which is when the deal starts.
3. We decided to have an extra course (cheese) and that came with port

SO not a good plan on a Monday night. Rolled home at 1.30am (after the cab driver drove into the movable traffic bollard outside the flat) and passed out.

And then I had a very strange experience at 5.30am. I heard someone leave the flat, and thought 'ah, flatmate leaving for work early, back to sleep', but then I heard his alarm go off, and heard him switch it off. So who had left the flat? Next thing I know, whoever it was is coming back in the flat. By now I'm convinced it's a burglar (bear in mind I was almost certainly still drunk and therefore it was all a bit hazy). So, being the sensible girl I am, NOT, I grabbed my hairdryer in preparation for going in the hall and challenging said burglar. What on earth did I think I was going to be able to do with a hairdryer?!?!!??

1 comment:

Kate Griffiths said...

Ah, well, the rest of the story isn't so interesting... I realised it was flatmate's girlfriend. The noisy one.