Thursday, October 27, 2005

When a Belgian taxi driver tries to crack on to you, it's time to change your perfume

I went to Brussels for the day today. Well, I say the day, as I said in my previous blog, we were only actually there for about 5 hours!

On the way back to the station, the taxi driver tried to crack on to me. The conversation went like this:

Him "blah french something blah perfume"
Me "pardon?"
Him "I like your perfume"
Me "Thanks"
Later...
Him "the control for the window is here" (in the control panel by the handbrake). Accompanied by stroking leg action
Me "Uh, thanks"
At the station, I'm paying...
Him "You have beautiful hands. I hope I meet you again"
Me "Thanks". Run. Now

Then, I texted someone at work to say we were on our way back, and that a taxi driver had tried to crack on to me. He replied

"Must be your perfume"

And, indeed, unbeknown to him, it was!

This is not the first time recently I've had an 'interesting but wrong' flirting type encounter.

Maybe I really should change my perfume.

1 comment:

la scania said...

Ha ha ha!!

Those pesky Belgians they love a bit of the English! You must have a faint whiff of Jersey on you which he obvioulsy sensed and loved.....